3rd Conference of the Visegrad Group Society for Developmental Biology
We wish to invite you cordially to participate in the 3rd conference of the Visegrad Group Society for Developmental Biology, which will be held on September 8th-10th, 2023 in Warsaw, Poland, in the Faculty of Biology, University of Warsaw.
Visegrad Group Society for Developmental Biology (V4SDB) associates scientists interested in developmental biology, working primarily in the Visegrad Group countries: Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary.
This year’s V4SDB conference will cover the following topics:
- All stages of embryonic development – all stages
- Hormonal regulation of embryonic development and reproduction
- Gene networks and epigenetics in developmental biology
- Stem cells and regeneration
- In vitro models in developmental biology
The invited lectures will be given by eminent scientists:
- Michele Boiani (Max Planck Institute for Molecular Medicine, Munster, Germany)
- Marianne Bronner (California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, USA)
- Giulio Cossu (University of Manchester, Manchester, UK, and San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy)
- Monika Kaczmarek (Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, Olsztyn, Poland)
- Alfonso Martinez Arias (University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, and Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Spain)
- Lilianna Solnica-Krężel (Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, St. Louis, USA)
- Petr Svoboda (Institute of Molecular Genetics, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic)
The main conference will be accompanied by the Young Developmental Biologists’ Forum held on September 7th-8th, 2023. During this day-and-a-half-long event, students, PhD candidates, and early-stage postdocs will be able to participate in practical workshops on developmental biology, polish their soft skills, and have an opportunity to present their data during a special plenary session.
Abstract submission will start on March, 1st, 2023, and last until May, 31st, 2023. More details can be found on the conference website: v4sdb2023.pl