SARS-COV-2 coronavirus announcements
How do we teach?
- ● Lectures and classes are conducted stationarily. In justified cases, the vice-dean for student affairs may consent to online classes.
- ● Experimental research of graduate and doctoral students may be conducted to comply with all the rigours that apply to employees.
What are the sanitary guidelines?
- The current sanitary guidelines for work in the facilities of the University of Warsaw are available on the website https://www.uw.edu.pl/wytyczne-sanitarne-dotyczace-funkcjonowania-obiektow-uw/
- It is forbidden to stay in the department of people who have even one of the symptoms of infection – in other words – we do not come to the department with an elevated temperature, cough, etc. (even if we blame it on a common cold). Self-isolation is recommended in any doubtful situation.
- It is not obligatory to cover the mouth and nose in laboratories and offices, excluding single-person rooms or where partitions separate workstations and UV lamps are turned on; however, it is recommended.
- The minimum distance between people is 2 m while maintaining other sanitary and hygienic requirements.
- The time spent together in confined spaces, especially those that are difficult to ventilate or disinfect, should be limited.
Who can you contact?
- The Dean’s representative responsible for supervising, verifying and enforcing hygienic and sanitary requirements and contacts with sanitary and epidemiological services is Mr Romuald Stęborowski, MA. He checks the compliance with hygiene and sanitary requirements at the faculty; on behalf of the Dean, he may give orders to persons on the faculty premises to ensure hygiene and sanitary requirements. In addition, he cooperates with the administrative director of the faculty and heads of internal organisational units; in particular, he immediately notifies them of the identified needs in terms of the implementation of hygienic and sanitary requirements. You can contact Mr Romuald Stęborowski by phone (22 55 42 318 or through the reception desk of the Faculty of Biology) or by email: email@example.com
- In other urgent organisational or security matters, you can contact the Faculty’s administrative director, Dr Magdalena Sobolewska-Bereza, phone: 608 401 993, or the dean, prof. Krzysztof Spalik, phone: 604 922 750.
Savoir-vivre – how to live?
- In these challenging times, our common security depends not only on do’s and don’ts but also on our goodwill and mutual kindness. Let us respect the concerns of others, if only by simply being polite. We should remember that there are people among us who, due to their health, past diseases or care for people at risk or elderly, may have a lower sensitivity threshold for the risk of infection. The distance that we think is safe may be too close for them. Behaviour that we think is safe (though not necessarily safe) may be unacceptable to them. Let us respect that.
Dean of the Faculty of Biology: Krzysztof Spalik